Aircraft cabin lighting specialist, STG Aerospace is increasing its capability to meet future demand for its aircraft photoluminescent floor path marking, emergency and informational signage and LED mood lighting products. This is very much driven by the company’s commitment to R&D at its Innovation & Engineering Centre in Cwmbran – a part of Wales that is fast becoming a dynamic aerospace hub.
Nigel Duncan, CEO of STG Aerospace noted: “Our investment in R&D and Innovation has placed us at the forefront of research into the impact that lighting has on airline passengers, both physiologically and psychologically. It is central to our cabin lighting product development philosophy and key to the success of the company. That’s why we’re continuing to invest in the expertise of our team.”
Newly appointed Chief Operating Officer, Grant Bennett, who has overall responsibility not just for STG Aerospace’s Operations and Engineering functions, but also for the Supply Chain team, commented: “With my 20 years plus management experience and lean manufacturing expertise, I am looking forward to the imminent challenge of ensuring the seamless integration of all our operational functions as the company expands and develops.”
STG Aerospace continues to lead and light the way within the retrofit and upgrade market with its cabin lighting products on a third of the world’s airlines today. New Senior Marketing Manager, Caroline Easton, will be working on advancing the company’s global market position in LED and photoluminescent lighting. A lighting enthusiast at heart, Caroline previously worked in retail commercial LED lighting and is looking forward to applying her experience and expertise to LED cabin lighting: “I am passionate about the positive impacts light can have on people. Enhancing experiences, changing moods, creating theatre to performing essential functions. At STG Aerospace, I’m surrounded by likeminded professionals – and share a passion and desire to innovate with aviation in mind.”
STG Aerospace’s team culture pervades in every department and in the words of Nigel Howell, who recently joined as Head of Engineering, responsible for engineering capability, resource management and the design and development of all liTeMood® mood lighting products: “I joined STG Aerospace to make a difference and improve the capability to rapidly deliver new products to market. Ultimately to contribute to the success of the business.”
Mark Warren, Electronic Design Engineer, who is working as part of the team responsible for developing the LED software commented: “STG Aerospace struck me as a very forward-looking company and I was motivated by the fact it is obviously going places. I was excited by the commitment to develop new LED products. I am really enjoying working on products that airline passengers are actually going to benefit from.”
“The company’s vision and its global presence are the two reasons why I joined the team.” added Roger Tanner, Mechanical Design Engineer, who is primarily working on STG Aerospace’s innovative new LED cabin lighting product ranges.
Grant Bennett concluded: “STG Aerospace now has the right people in place in every department and I would say we have got the right team – an amazing innovative collective group to take the company forward to become a dominant world leader in aircraft cabin lighting solutions.”
STG Aerospace PRESS OFFICE
Phone: +44 (0) 1252 448 169
Mobile: +44 (0) 7739 461 061
Email: [email protected]
ABOUT STG Aerospace
- Established in 1995, STG Aerospace is a world leader in lighting technologies for commercial and military aircraft interiors. Its products are currently installed in over 11,000 aircraft worldwide representing one third of the world’s passenger fleet.
- The company’s product range includes: saf-Tglo®, the pioneering and market-leading photoluminescent emergency floor path system; saf-Tsign®, the leading brand of photoluminescent emergency and informational signage developed for commercial and military fixed-wing and rotary aircraft; liTeMood®, a plug-and-play programmable blue/white LED Mood Lighting system designed specifically to retrofit commercial aircraft cabins.
- STG Aerospace is a supplier for Boeing, Embraer, BAE Systems, Fokker and Saab among many other aircraft manufacturers and can also count hundreds of airlines, lessors and MROs among its customers.
- Privately-owned, STG Aerospace has its Headquarters and UK manufacturing facilities in Norwich, an engineering office in Wales, and an office with further manufacturing facilities in Miami serving the US market.
- STG Aerospace has an official presence in China with a Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise (WFOE), STG Aerospace (China) Co., Ltd. based in Shanghai.